Jagan launches zero-interest loans to women SHGs
Keeping up with his promise, Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched the YSR zero interest loan scheme to DWACRA Self Help Groups (SHGs) and credited Rs 1,400 crores into the bank accounts of about 8.78 lakh groups benefiting over 91 lakh women, even in the times of financial constraints and Covid 19 pandemic.
Several members of the SHGs talked to the Chief Minister through video conference and thanked him for keeping up the promise made by him during the Padayatra and said that they did not expect to get this amount in wake of the Corona pandemic. The commitment of empowering women has once again come to fore with the zero interest loans. Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy had launched 25 paise interest scheme for women groups and c has discontinued it. YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has improvised the scheme to zero interest loan for women SHGs. By this scheme each SHG will receive an amount of Rs 20,000 to Rs 40,000 without interest.
Of the 8.78 lakh SHGs, 6.95 groups are in rural areas while the rest are in urban areas.
During a virtual interaction with DWCRA women, the Chief Minister stated that despite having a financial crisis, we decided to offer financial help for women entrepreneurs through this YSR Zero-interest loan scheme, for the economic empowerment of women.
“Despite financial crisis, our government is committed for the welfare of women. As announced earlier, the registration for the houses will also be done on the name of women, which we are planning to launch on July 8,” the Chief Minister said.
Expressing happiness over the scheme, Padmavati from Visakhapatnam, said, "the land cost in our district is over Rs 20 lakhs, but our Chief Minister is giving at a free of cost. He helped the poor by providing essential commodities during this pandemic. As promised during padayatra, he came forward to pay interest for our loans. We are extremely happy to have such Chief Minister who supports us like an elder brother."
Women from East Godavari district said that the previous government failed to keep their promise on interest free loans and thus they faced the public fury during elections. Today, Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy relaunched the scheme and is supporting us during these difficult times. Because of such schemes we are able to empower ourselves and earn respect within the family and society.
Schemes For Women in Andhra Pradesh
AP Disha Act :
- Justice in 21 Days
- Death Penalty for Rapists
- 2-4 Yrs Imprisonment for Social Media Harassment
- Exclusive Special Courts in all 13 districts
- 18 Disha Police Stations
- Disha App with SOS alert
- Women & Children Offenders Registry
- Helplines:- 108 for Women, 1098 for Children
Reservations for Women
- 50% quota in temple trust boards
- 50% reservation in the market committee chairpersons posts
-Rs. 75,000 financial assistance for BC,SC,ST and minority women over the age of 45
Prohibition of Alcohol
- to prevent Domestic Violence by men under intoxication
- Closed 40,000 Illegal Shops, 880 Licensed Shops, 798 Bars
- 47.87% Reduction in Alcohol Consumption between May-October 2019
- 3500 Shops taken over by the government close at 8 pm
House Plot Registration on Women Name/Housewife
- All houses that are sanctioned under the YSR Housing Scheme would be registered under the name of women in the household.
YSR Pelli Kanuka
- Rs. 750 Crores yearly budget for providing Financial Assistance to brides belonging to the SC/ST/BC and minority sections.
- Rs. 2250 per month pension for Widows under Pension Kanuka
- Mothers of 11,87,904 college students will receive financial assistance for their Hostel and Mess Charges
-Rs. 15,000 financial assistance to enable poor mothers to send their kids to school upto Class XII.