Ammonia gas leak in Kurnool
One died , three more fell ill
In a tragic ammonia leakage incident occurred in a factory, one worker is died and three more
One person died and fell ill.
According to information Ammonia gas leaked from the the agro chemical factory located on the outskirts of Nandyal town of Kurnool district. The firm belongs to former MP SPY Reddy. A fifty years old technician died after inhaling the gas. Even three more persons also fell ill after the incident broke out. The three were shifted to Nandyal Government general hospital.
On learning about the gas leakage from the chemical factory the residents of Nandyal and surrounding villagers were gripped in a state of panic. They are recalling the Vizag incident that claimed several lives.
The district collector, G Veera Pandiyan responding to the incident has said that there is no leak outside the factory, it is only inside. He said the officials are rushed to the spot to handle the situations. Fire tenders and other rescue operation teams were also pressed into the filed, said the collector. He appealed the people not to panic as the situations are totally under control.
The police department has beefed up adequate police force to ensure no untoward incident takes place. Within few minutes the situation is brought under control. But the locals are terrified and recollected the gas leakage incident occurred in LG polymers company of Vizag on 7 May, in which around 14 have lost their lives.